version 3.9

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Leo
    Participant

Brendan,

I have the update 3.9 installed on my iphone 5.

As I said on FB the version is slow, very slow….there are about 15 seconds between a touch on the screen i.e. opening a form, record selection and the action i.e. showing that record….. At this moment I restarting the iPhone and see what happens…..

…..and yes, after restarting TF is back to its speed, but….. after the phone went to sleep or is turned of by the button and you want to use TF again, the slowness is BACK!!!

This is a not workable version.

Leo

October 1, 2014 at 2:49 PM #10962

Leo
    Participant

Brendan,

sorry, but after a sync the problem returns. I’ll try to go back to the 3.8 version.

We can’t work we this version, 15 second between touch and action…

Leo

Send you a .MOV file for illustration

October 1, 2014 at 2:53 PM #10963

Leo
    Participant

Just says if you didn’t received it. Then i’ll send it by dropbox or so.

Leo

PS. Can’t revert to version 3.8

Leo

October 1, 2014 at 8:38 PM #10966

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Leo,

I emailed you a few responses to this. Perhaps you didn’t get them.

I wanted to ask you to turn on Airplane Mode then re-launch Tap Forms as a test to see if the performance problem is solved. I think what’s happening is there are all your photos and other external files that are being downloaded. I thought that I had it running in a background thread, but it seems that I may not have. I have changed the code now to make sure it’s downloading on a background thread, so it shouldn’t interfere with the interface. But it should subside after it has finished downloading all the files from iCloud that it needs to.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 1, 2014 at 9:58 PM #10968

Leo
    Participant

Oke, Brendan

After three reinstalls, a lot of frustration and a night sleep over it, i find that TF is running again as before.

I guess the the photos and files did it :-(
    Thanks,

October 2, 2014 at 12:02 AM #10969

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, sorry about that. I am working on a fix for it now. But since yours is ok now, I can’t test on your device. I should have sent you a beta before. Sorry about that.

October 2, 2014 at 1:44 AM #10971

Leo
    Participant

Brendan, I’ve updated my 5s too, and this device is also very slow. I think it must be the amount of photos and files I have in de database. My iPhone 5 works fine now. It’s just a matter of patient.

Grtz Leo

October 2, 2014 at 2:35 AM #10973

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Leo,

I believe I have a fix for that now. What I don’t know about is why some users get a “Checking iCloud…” message on the iCloud Sync screen and it never goes away.

Did your’s ever do that?

Thanks,

Brendan

October 2, 2014 at 9:42 AM #10980

Leo
    Participant

Brendan,

no, never got that message.

Leo

October 7, 2014 at 11:26 AM #11026

Mike McKay
    Participant

Just to chime in Brendan, I have had the same problem since upgrading to 8.0 and a new iPhone 6. I didn’t notice any data activity while it was in ‘limbo’. The last photo I added to the database was a little screwy too. No reference to iCloud during limbo time either.

Thanks,
    Mike

October 7, 2014 at 8:08 PM #11031

Brendan
    Keymaster

Have you tried 3.9.1 for iPhone? I just released that today. Still waiting for a review on the iPad version.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.