Using templates

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

daffy
    Participant

Hi, I’ve downloaded some templates from the forum and imported them successfully. Just wondered why a lot of blank forms import with them when I do it?
    I’ll screenshot what I mean.
    The ‘Ancestors’ form was the template I downloaded and the above blank forms appeared when I imported it.
    Cheers :)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 30, 2017 at 10:10 AM #24289

Brendan
    Keymaster

That’s a good question. I’ll have to investigate this further. It could be a linked forms issue. Or perhaps a difference between the older version of Tap Forms and the newer version 5.

August 30, 2017 at 10:38 AM #24297

Brendan
    Keymaster

It seems like it’s the Link From Forms that are causing this issue. I would suggest going to all the Link TO Form fields, disabling the “Show Inverse Relationship” option and then re-enable it.

Tap Forms stores the Link TO Forms in the .tff file, but not the Link FROM Forms. So technically all you need to import is the top-most level form. I’ll have to see if this is an issue with Tap Forms 5’s export function or if it’s a by-product of importing an older template generated from Tap Forms 3/4.

August 30, 2017 at 2:16 PM #24301

daffy
    Participant

Hi, that makes sense, thank you.
    There were several forms I downloaded that were designed to work together. When I imported the first one, another one came with it. I dismissed it at first thinking I must have made an error, but thinking about it, when I uploaded the next form, two further forms came in with it. This would make sense with what you have told me.
    It’s all a great learning experience and I’m enjoying getting to know the software.
    Chere’s :)

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.