Using OS X Version – Currency Column

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Yogie
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I’ve difficulties to enter a currency value into a currency column.

Any time I try to give a value Tap Forms OS X says it is invalid formatted and offers to discard my entry (change).

When I copy & paste a value from an existing entry it works, I always need to change the value of course the amount I need it to have.

I have imported the Tap Form from a Bento CSV and set the column type to currency.

Cheers
    Yogie

August 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM #6523

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Yogie,

In the multi-column list view it seems that it’s quite strict about how you type in the numbers. It requires you to type in the currency symbol along with the digits. You shouldn’t have to do that in the record edit view down below though. I’ve changed a setting in the next update to make this a bit more lenient.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 25, 2013 at 12:39 AM #6526

Yogie
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

after I have made the modifications to the CSV I was trying to import (https://www.tapforms.com/forums/topic/using-os-x-version-csv-import/) this behavior was gone and I was now able to simply type in an amount without giving the currency symbol. The symbol was then added by Tap Forms automatically.

Prior to the modifications to the CSV, I was not able to type in an amount and the currency symbol has to be the one which was taken during the import. The one I could type with my keyboard was not accepted. That’s why I have had to use copy & paste to make it work.

Cheers
    Yogie

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.