Using iCloud – which option to turn on???

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Using iCloud – which option to turn on???

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    I don’t like using the cloud. However am forced to to use it for TF sync. Which of the iCloud sections can I turn on in order to use iCloud sync. I don’t want to turn on Mail, Contacts, Calendars or Documents and data. Can I use any of the others?
    Cheers
    tony
    reply asap much appreciated!

December 28, 2013 at 8:42 AM #8525

ArsAstronautica
    Participant

Tonyt,

The short answer is just “Documents”.

It’s your choice, of course, but I rely on iCloud myself and have found it to be very helpful and generally reliable in keeping my critical info synced across my iPad, iPhone, and several Macs. I can pretty much move between any of my Apple devices and take up where I left off. This is sufficiently important to me that I tend to avoid buying non-iCloud enabled apps unless there is some overwhelming reason to do so.

December 28, 2013 at 5:13 PM #8528

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

Yes, as ArsAstronautica mentioned, you need to enable Documents & Data. You can leave all other iCloud options turned off if you like. But you should probably at least have Find my iPhone and Find my Mac turned on in case you ever lose your devices.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.