Using Apache CouchDB on new MacBook Pro

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Jake Xon
    Participant

I try to get Apache CouchDB working on my new MacBook Pro but no success. I try to use version 3.2.0 but when open the consol to verify it say its not ok.
    Anyone using the same setup?

October 27, 2021 at 2:25 PM #45556

Brendan
    Keymaster

I have not received my new MacBook Pro yet (it’s stuck in Shanghai apparently), so I don’t know what issues there will be installing Apache CouchDB on an M1 Max MacBook Pro. I’m assuming your new MacBook Pro is an M1 processor?

October 27, 2021 at 2:45 PM #45559

Jake Xon
    Participant

So I look forward to a respons when you receive your Mac. Yes it’s a M1, a M1 Pro to be precise.

October 27, 2021 at 7:51 PM #45565

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Mine cleared Shanghai the other day and got to the Bay Area this evening but FedEx says the delivery date is Friday so they’ll just sit on it for a day because FedEx goes out of their way to avoid delivering early. So ready to be done with this butterfly keyboard.

Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing say not ok?

October 27, 2021 at 11:19 PM #45568

Brendan
    Keymaster

Mine is still stuck in Shanghai. UPS.

At first it said it was going to deliver by Monday, November 1st. But now it says “Unknown Date”.

https://appleinsider.com/articles/21/10/27/macbook-pro-shipping-delays-caused-by-ups-mechanical-problems

A number of people expecting to receive their new MacBook Pro on their first day of availability, October 26, instead just got emailed about delays. In each case, the emails contained a new delivery date in December, but no further details.

Ugh. I don’t want to have to wait until December! What kind of a mechanical problem can delay shipments for more than a month?

October 27, 2021 at 11:39 PM #45590

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

If they lost a plane that’d back them up pretty hard. They usually run non-stop, are cargo configured and if it got stuck somewhere they don’t have a good service arrangement with then it’ll be a pain to get sorted. Capacity is pretty full right now across the board with folk who really want their items in a timely manner pulling air since shipping in the US is a mess. Lots of delays in Long Beach for example.

November 4, 2021 at 10:33 PM #45641

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I migrated across my existing Mac to my new one and downloaded the latest Apache CouchDB 3.2.0 which seemed to load fine. CouchDB is still Intel, so if you haven’t installed Rosetta yet you’ll need to do that but otherwise it seemed to work for me.

Would love to see a screenshot of what’s going wrong for you though so we can help figure out next steps.

November 6, 2021 at 12:08 AM #45642

T.L. Ford
    Participant

Mine arrived, but I had to send it back due to hardware issues. New estimated date is “end of december” with “and we won’t even think about processing the order until we receive this one back”. 7 hours with tech support. I didn’t even get to the “install my software” step.

November 6, 2021 at 1:03 AM #45643

Brendan
    Keymaster

Bummer :(

Sorry to hear that.

Mine came and so far so good.

I installed CouchDB today and it worked flawlessly syncing with Tap Forms.

November 7, 2021 at 8:39 AM #45655

Jake Xon
    Participant

So now I tried again and still no success. This is what I did.

Downloaded Apache CouchDB 3.2.0
    Opened it and gave it a uniqe password
    The browser open and when I try to verify I got the error message in the attached file.

Any idea?

November 7, 2021 at 9:57 AM #45657

Jake Xon
    Participant

So I finally managed to get it to work. Everything runs smoothly.

November 7, 2021 at 4:57 PM #45659

Brendan
    Keymaster

Excellent! What was the trick?

Did you set it up as a single node? I did that step.

November 8, 2021 at 6:15 AM #45664

Jake Xon
    Participant

Maybe a bit stupid but I did missunderstand that I had to log in with “admin” and the password “Apache CouchDB 3.2.0” asked me to create before I run the verify.
    I tried to log in with my old log in which of course didn’t work.
    Than I set it up as a single node and it works just fine.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.