User Manual

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

info
    Participant

It doesn’t seem that there is a user manual for TapForms. Is there something else that might help?

September 23, 2010 at 5:09 AM #4207

Brendan
    Keymaster

There is a user manual. I just haven’t quite finished touching it up yet and therefore haven’t released it.

But if you send me an email, I’ll send you a pre-release copy.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 25, 2010 at 8:11 PM #4215

info
    Participant

Excellent! :-)))

October 4, 2010 at 4:09 PM #4225

Anonymous
    Inactive

I need it too!

October 5, 2010 at 9:46 AM #4226

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’ve posted the new user manual on the Support page. You can go there to get it now.

Thanks!

Brendan

October 8, 2010 at 2:41 PM #4229

pgwulfing
    Participant

Hi Brendan, thanks for the nice manual. I’m having trouble importing a CSV file, and I see that the manual doesn’t really cover it. I’ve surmised from answers you’ve given others that the field type can be defined in the CSV by adding tags (<number> <check-box>, etc). I see a list of the field types in the manual, but there is no definition of legal tags. Is this available in the forums somewhere?

Peter

October 8, 2010 at 10:19 PM #4230

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Peter,

The user manual is a living document, so it will change over time as I add more features. I will add that information to the manual. But you can find out the details yourself by creating a form with every field type (or the field types you’re interested in), then export a record. you’ll see how the header gets formatted.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 28, 2011 at 9:10 PM #4863

nycojoe
    Participant

Brendan…Impressive program for the iPad. Was wondering if you have a iPad user manual to help me get a better feel on how to use the Link to Form field type. In essence, is this feature give you the ability for a relational database. Thanks for your help.

September 28, 2011 at 9:16 PM #4864

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Nycojoe,

There’s no specific manual for the iPad because both the iPhone and iPad versions operate pretty much the same way when it comes to configuring and using the Link to Form field type.

You can download the manual here: https://www.tapforms.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Tap-Forms-Manual.pdf

Basically, you just create your child forms first, then when you create your parent form and add a Link to Form field type, you just need to select one of the child forms you’ve already made. Choose the One to Many link type if you don’t think you’ll need to share the data in the form with any other record. Choose the Many to Many link type if you want to be able to select from previously entered records in the child form.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 23, 2013 at 2:19 AM #5870

Angeli
    Participant

PLEASE!!! I desperately need a manual!!!

Please email it to me ASAP!!!!

January 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM #5874

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Angeli,

Just click on my support page on my website and click the link to download the manual.

The manual is a bit outdated though, but the fundamentals are the same today as they were then.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.