URL mismatch for Cloudant?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

robinsiebler
    Participant

I followed the directions for creating a Cloudant account (a bit confusing, but I muddled my way through it). I had to delete the Cloudant service and start over because it defaults to IAM only, which does not give a password (not mentioned in the instructions).

Then I got credentials with a username and password. However, the username provided does not conform with the example given and the URL that Tap Form auto generates (which cannot be changed) is not correct. The URL in the credentials is https://apikey-v2-1zk77lxrtjym9pyudthfami6hheippbwjkg8ji2hiod2:42d9f66d7b57fb30cf31865fcd28d42a@76a6f1aa-fc11-47e5-b8e0-26c5502937d5-bluemix.cloudantnosqldb.appdomain.cloud.

The URL generated by Tap Forms is in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 26, 2021 at 10:36 AM #44678

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

You should be able to use the CouchDB toggle and it will let you enter a server entry.

I’m guessing that Cloudant have since updated their configuration since the original documentation was written five years ago.

June 26, 2021 at 7:21 PM #44683

robinsiebler
    Participant

That worked. Thanks!

June 27, 2021 at 1:30 AM #44685

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh right. I need to look into that. I hate when IBM changes things all the time.

But the IAM issue is mentioned in the manual.

15: If you have the choice of Available authentication methods, you MUST choose the Use both legacy credentials and IAM. If you don’t choose that option, you won’t get a username and password from the next step.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.