Upgrade to V5.09 issues

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Neil Alecock
    Participant

Once again after upgrade I have had issues where my database carefully developed and loaded with data has failed. I have backups but lost yesterday’s work. I have no hair left to tear out.

Trying to load my document I get this message
    malformed database schema (maps_7_sequence) – index maps_7_sequence already exists

Arrrgh

Please help

Thanks

November 2, 2016 at 7:55 PM #20275

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’m not sure how the 5.0.9 update could have caused that. It may have just been a coincidence at the time of the update. Do you have Time Machine that you can restore with? That generally backs up hourly. Sorry for this problem.

November 8, 2016 at 3:14 AM #20341

Neil Alecock
    Participant

Bendan

Whatever caused it, I had to restore from an earlier backup and lost some work. It has happened again today when I clicked on a link placed in Mac calendar from a notes field.

Is there a reason this happens?

My only common denominator is the upgrade, no idea why otherwise.

Just a reminder that a couple of months back I lost a previous database with many hours work after an upgrade and you were at a loss to understand why.

Thanks

November 8, 2016 at 1:08 PM #20343

Brendan
    Keymaster

Is your database file encrypted at all? Not that this is an issue, but I just discovered a crash that can happen if you click on a link in Calendar but your document is encrypted. I’m working on a fix for that.

December 12, 2016 at 7:04 AM #20612

Anonymous
    Inactive

I faced same problem a month ago. But fortunately I was lucky enough to restore from an earlier backup.

December 23, 2016 at 2:08 AM #20670

René van Glabbeek
    Participant

Updated to 5.09.

The whole database is EMPTY.
    Message: database form is malformed. I did not change anything, just opened the app.
    Restore backup is grey! I cannot restore old back up!
    I have a backup on my iPhone.

How to solve this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 23, 2016 at 2:25 AM #20672

Brendan
    Keymaster

René,

You can use the Send Document function to send the document from your iPhone to your Mac.

Also the Restore command is enabled from the main Database Documents window, not from an opened document.

You’ll need to remove the bad document before you use the Restore command.

December 23, 2016 at 2:47 AM #20673

René van Glabbeek
    Participant

I unzipped the last backup file and opened that file.
    Now all records are back.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.