Updating TF on Mac to v3.0

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

tonyt
    Participant

Hi
    If I am just updating my 2 macs to v3 or 3.1 but leaving my iPod on 2.4 so as not to get into iCloud drive just yet, do I need to turn off and reset syncing?
    Cheers
    tony

October 25, 2014 at 2:15 PM #11365

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

If you’ve enabled iCloud Drive on any of your Macs it’s too late. Apple does a one-time migration of your data from Documents & Data over to iCloud Drive when you do that and there’s no going back.

But once you are using iCloud Drive, I would recommend either logging out of iCloud and logging back in, or disabling iCloud Sync in Tap Forms and choose the “Keep a Local Copy” option when prompted, then quit Tap Forms on all devices, then use the Manage area in the iCloud System Preferences on your Mac to delete the Tap Forms Documents & Data files. Then re-launch Tap Forms and then re-enable iCloud Sync on all your devices.

That’ll give you a clean start for syncing.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 26, 2014 at 1:19 AM #11374

tonyt
    Participant

Thanks Brendan
    I’m still on Mavericks 10.9 and iCloud – so what do I need to do for that, if anything.
    I’m going to wait for IOS 8.1 / OSX 10.1 / TForms 3.1 before I upgrade to use iCloud Drive.
    Thanks for your help as ever.
    Aslo, is latest TForms for Mac OK on Mavericks and iCloud?
    Cheers
    tony

October 26, 2014 at 3:26 AM #11376

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

Tap Forms Mac 3.0 is rated to work on Mavericks as a minimum now. I used to support Lion and Mountain Lion, but had to abandon those. Just too old and I didn’t have any machines I could test it on anymore.

Are you even attempting to sync right now with your current configuration? I’m not sure if you’re having troubles or if you’re just wanting to know if it’s ok before you even try. It doesn’t hurt to just try. Follow along with the video demo in the online user manual for Mac. There’s an iCloud Sync section there.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 26, 2014 at 3:33 AM #11378

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    Sorry for a confusing post. I am currently syncing with NO problems on OSX 10.9 and IOS 7.? using iCloud and TForms 2.2.3. I just wanted to make sure I upgraded to TForms 3 on my Macs properly – continuing to use iCloud until IOS sorts out its problems. Hope this makes things clearer?
    Cheers
    Tony

October 26, 2014 at 1:22 PM #11383

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it :-)

It seems that almost everyone who upgraded to iOS 8 and Yosemite has had some problems with iCloud Sync. Although for others it has corrected the problems they had before. There are delays with syncing between devices and often a reboot is required to get iCloud Drive to sync files again. Tap Forms just sits back and listens for updates from iCloud. It often doesn’t get them because iCloud Drive has stopped functioning.

I was just working with my Dutch translator right now and he had no activity with iCloud Drive. Not even from Apple’s Pages app. But I showed him the “brctl log -w” command so we could see the sync activity at the operating system level and finally once he rebooted, then files began to sync, even with Pages.

When iCloud works, it works great. When it doesn’t… not so good.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 27, 2014 at 12:32 AM #11402

tonyt
    Participant

Thanks Brendan

So I’ll stick with IOS 7, TF 3.0.1 when its out plus iCloud on Mavericks! I wonder how long for Apple to sort iCloud Drive????

Keep up the good work, its much appreciated!

Cheers

tony

October 27, 2014 at 5:08 PM #11419

Brendan
    Keymaster

Tony, I don’t think Apple will ever support iCloud Drive on iOS 7 and Mavericks.

October 28, 2014 at 12:30 AM #11425

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan

I know! Im just hanging fire on Yosemite and IOS 8 until some / all of the bugs are sorted. I will have to go to them later as eventually Mavericks will no longer receive security updates and developers will continue to be unable to support old OSs!

Cheers

tony

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.