Update pick list on the fly

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Paul O
    Participant

Is there a way to update a pick list associated with a field on the fly, i.e. If the pick list does not contain the item you want so you enter it manually and the pick list gets updated in the process. If not can this be added as a feature?

March 23, 2010 at 5:48 PM #4008

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Paul,

This is a feature I will be adding soon as it’s been a popular request lately.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 24, 2010 at 9:05 AM #4010

Kevin L. Henley
    Participant

Brendan,

Related to Paul O’s request; in addition to updating pick lists on the fly would it possible to alphabetize on the fly as well? I have created a few pick lists that have dozens if not hundreds of items. Whenever I update them I have to go back and alphabetize the new entries by moving them manually. This can be very time consuming. On a related note. I would highly recommend you move the new item field from the bottom to the top in the pick list edit field. Once a list contains dozens of entries you are forced to scroll to the bottom of a very long list to add items. Perhaps an alternative would be to provide a speed scroll of an alpha listing similar to address book.

March 24, 2010 at 2:05 PM #4012

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Kevin,

I think adding a button that automatically sorts the pick list would be feasible. Since you can order them in whatever way you want, I need to keep that feature. But adding a button that will resort the list alphabetically would be good to have.

And the add to pick list button at the top seems like a good idea.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.