unique value in text field?

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

captain
    Participant

Hi Brandon,

First off, again, your work on this app is amazing and am profoundly astonished by the work being done by one person: simply amazing! keep it up :)

I have a computer repair business and am using tapforms as a CRM/Database to keep track of the repairtimes, costs and so on: it’s been working great so far.

I use a text field that contains unique serialnumbers for each computer that comes in, and would like to have a visual clue when entering a previously recorded serialnumber in that text field.
    (ideally, something would pop up asking me if i wanted to create a new record, or bring up the old record for warranty-repairs)

I did a search on here to find out if people already requested something similar, but haven’t exactly found that.

Would it be possible to do a sort of validation on a text-field that tells me it’s a non-unique entry in that specific field?

Thanks again for all your time and effort, muchmuch appreciated!!

April 13, 2018 at 1:41 AM #28248

Brendan
    Keymaster

O Captain my Captain :)

Thanks for the feature request. I don’t have a unique function like that in Tap Forms right now. I could probably utilize the code I wrote for the Auto-Complete feature to do something like that.

But you could also use the Auto-Complete feature now to get visual feedback to see if you’re entering in a serial number that’s already there. If it’s not unique, it would show up in the popup menu and you’d know.

Thanks!

Brendan

Now, everybody sit down! :)

April 13, 2018 at 6:50 AM #28250

Leo
    Participant

Brendan,

how does this auto-complete feature work? Because I’ve never seen it or is this on US English only?

Thanks

April 13, 2018 at 8:32 AM #28251

captain
    Participant

Ah, i understand. Makes sense. You’re a pragmatic guy aren’t you? :)
    The auto-complete thing will do fine until you’ve implemented the real deal! :)

By the way, Leo, it’s located under the options if you select the wanted (text-)Field in the Form Inspector Panel!

April 13, 2018 at 11:10 AM #28252

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Leo,

No feature in Tap Forms is ever English only. All features are available for all languages.

And yes, as Captain said, it’s available as a checkbox button to enable or disable on the field properties inspector panel for Mac.

April 13, 2018 at 11:34 AM #28253

Leo
    Participant

Found it,

AND THANKS, didn’t knew this feature but its a gift from….

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.