Unexpected closure of Tapforms

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Bryan Robinson
    Participant

I have a number of databases constructed using Tapforms, running on a desktop Mac with Monterey. They all work fine , including a large file I set up to run an art exhibition. I recently purchased a new MacBook Air with an M2 processor, also using Monterey, and transferred all the databases over using airdrop. That all work fine, except the large file which when I attempt to open it on the laptop causes it to close unexpectedly. I have tried transferring the database several times with the same result. Any thoughts? Thanks

November 9, 2022 at 7:26 PM #48219

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Bryan,

So the document in question still opens fine on Monterey?

Do you have the latest 5.3.31 version of Tap Forms installed on both Macs?

If not, try updating first and see if the problem persists.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 10, 2022 at 4:33 AM #48221

Bryan Robinson
    Participant

Hi Brendan

Thanks for the prompt reply. My desktop was running 5.3.30, which I have now updated. The database in question still opens correctly. The laptop has been running 5.3.31 throughout, but having transferred the file again by airdrop to this machine, the programme still closes unexpectedly….

Bryan

November 10, 2022 at 11:39 PM #48226

Brendan
    Keymaster

That’s very strange. If it crashes on one Mac I’d think it would crash on all of them.

Would you be able to send the crashing document to me? Perhaps I can see what might be the problem with it.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.