Undo Delete command wish.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Jonathan Levin
    Participant

Hey Brendan.

Any chance of putting in an Undo Delete menu/keyboard command? Because I am in decisive, I sometimes delete a record, only to want it back a minute later.
    Thanks.

November 14, 2017 at 10:43 AM #25904

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jonathan,

The latest Tap Forms 5.2.3 for Mac has a new “Recover deleted items…” command in the File menu.

So not directly an undo function, but you can recover your deleted data from there.

November 14, 2017 at 1:39 PM #25908

Jonathan Levin
    Participant

Thanks Brendan.

Does that “Recover deleted items” just recover the last deleted item, or everything from the entire session that TF is open. Or is there some sort of option that asks what you want to recover.

I’d just like to be able to recover something that was deleted a minute or two from deletion, not everything I’ve done in say the last hour, or time that TF has been open, if that makes any sense.

I was afraid to use that menu item because I wasn’t sure and didn’t want to recover a whole bunch of stuff I actually meant to delete.

Thanks again.

November 14, 2017 at 2:16 PM #25909

Brendan
    Keymaster

The … in the menu item implies that you’ll be shown an alert or another window. That’s standard fair for most Mac apps. So it’s safe to select it without actually doing anything.

You’ll see a window appear that lists the forms, fields, and records that you can click on. Tap Forms will show you some basic data on the right side about the selection. There’s a Recover button there that will recover the selected data. If you have lots of records to recover you can shift-click to select a bunch of them, then click the Recover button to do it all at once.

It’s from all time, not just since your last session. I’m sure after customer feedback I’ll start to add more features to that screen such as a search field or to be able to search based on a date range. But it’s just the beginning.

November 14, 2017 at 3:18 PM #25910

Jonathan Levin
    Participant

That is pretty cool.

The first thing I wondered is how are the records sorted? An option would be to have the last record deleted be the first one to appear in the records list so it is chronological. That would be great. Looks like a work in progress. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.