Unbearably slow – what to do?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Thomas Geist
    Participant

Tap Forms 3.0
    Mac Pro Mid 2010, 16 GB, 2.8 GHz Quad Core

I have a form with 714 records and 81 fields and Tap Forms runs unbearably slow. For pretty much anything I do, anywhere I click I get a beachball for 15-20 seconds or more. Sometimes several times in a row.

It’s a database imported from Bento, so I thought some housekeeping would help. I did all four Preferences>Maintenance steps, I completely reset Tap Forms and then imported the records I had previously exported as xls.

Nothing helps. Is this to be expected at 700+ records? Bento wasn’t lightning fast but never would is have stalled like this.

What can I do?

November 3, 2014 at 1:33 AM #11558

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

I’m very sorry for the performance trouble. I am working on a fix for this.

If you would like to try your database with the beta of the demo version, please make a backup of your data using the Backup command in the File menu, then download the 3.0.1 demo version and use the Restore command from the File menu to restore your data to the demo version.

You can download 3.0.1 from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sluvd5csb2aixp6/Tap%20Forms%20Demo%203.0.1%20beta.app.zip?dl=0

Please let me know if it corrects the problem. You won’t be able to add records after you import since it’s the demo version, but it will give you an idea if I’ve managed to fix the performance problem for you. Hopefully.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 3, 2014 at 5:04 AM #11571

Thomas Geist
    Participant

Wow! That’s like a whole new app now! Runs smooth and fast, not only clicking on things and changing forms etc. but also scrolling now runs butter smooth. Perfect!

November 3, 2014 at 11:10 AM #11573

Brendan
    Keymaster

Excellent. That’s great to hear.

November 6, 2014 at 4:01 PM #11643

Thomas Geist
    Participant

I can’t wait for that version to come out! I keep checking the App Store twice per day ;)

Up until then I need to keep my time on Tap Forms down as much as I can because everything else would take too long…

November 7, 2014 at 4:09 PM #11655

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Thomas,

Well I’m sending it off to Apple this weekend for review. Last time it took them 6 days to get to it. There’s always a chance they’ll reject the update too, which will take even longer. Crossing my fingers they don’t reject it. It has happened before.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.