Unable to Transfer New Documents

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Aik Pin Ng
    Participant

Hi,

It used to be working but now it doesn’t seem to work. I am trying to transfer a new document which I have created on my Macbook to iPad 3 which is still running IOS 9.3.5.

When I select the document and transfer function from Macbook, I can see the iPad appearing in the list of devices. I select it and a message appeared on the iPad asking me if I want to accept it. I selected ok. Then nothing happens.

I have tried many times and also rebooting both machines. Still the same. Could it be due to the iPad still running IOS 9.x?

I have no problem transferring the document from Macbook to iPhone where both devices are running the latest version of OS.

Thank you,
    Aik Pin

January 21, 2017 at 11:49 PM #20838

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, it’s because of the old iOS version. I’m assuming your Mac is using macOS Sierra then? If so then that’s the issue. It works fine between two old OS versions. It works fine between two new OS versions. But not between an old and a new OS version.

The workaround is to use iTunes File Sharing to copy the file to your device with the old iOS version.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.