Unable to send document to another device

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Unable to send document to another device

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Patrice Hof
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    I’m migrating to TF5 and when I send my migrated database from my iPhone to my mac, TF compresses it, than sends it to the mac, and after a while, the progress bar on my phone disappears and the progress bar on the mac remains blocked at 9Mo / 135Mo. I need to force TF to quit in order to try again, and it is always the same…
    Thank you for helping me
    patrice

August 17, 2016 at 7:21 AM #18761

Paul Wirth
    Participant

I was having the same problem. It turned out to be something screwy with my Mac’s firewall. Maybe because of the app upgrade from a previous version? I don’t know.

What I did to fix it was go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall > Firewall Options…
    And find Tap Forms, highlight it, press the minus sign to delete it from the list, hit “OK”, then go back to Firewall Options and re-add Tap Forms and hit “OK”.

Hope that helps you too.

August 17, 2016 at 4:45 PM #18767

Brendan
    Keymaster

Patrice,

Another way to get the .tapforms document to your iOS device is to just use iTunes File Sharing.

Here’s Apple’s instructions on that:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201301

Then Tap Forms doesn’t have to go through the compressing or decompressing stages. The document will just be there when you launch Tap Forms. You just need to copy it into the Tap Forms Documents area. See the attached image in this post.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 19, 2016 at 12:57 AM #18810

Patrice Hof
    Participant

Thank you for the tips.
    The problem is not the compression, but the transfer from the iPhone to another device.
    The problem is the quite same when I try to send a document from my iphone to my iPad.
    Compression: ok, and than the transfer begins, and never ends. Suddenly, both the progress bars disappear and nothing was transferred.
    Can I export the db on a server (eg iCloud Drive or dropbox) and than import it in TF on the other device?

August 19, 2016 at 2:16 AM #18811

Leo
    Participant

Hi Patrice,

do you have enough memory free on the receiving end? I Had this to on my spare phone (5c 16GB). I had to delete some large apps and after that receiving was fine.

August 21, 2016 at 1:31 AM #18903

Patrice Hof
    Participant

transfers toward my iPad and my home mac are ok this morning, with 5.0.2. Thank you Brendan for your very quick reaction.

The new auto sync with cloudant is great!!!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.