Unable to send document between Mac & IOS devices.

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Unable to send document between Mac & IOS devices.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Stephen
    Participant

Hi

for some reason, since – I’m not sure exactly when, maybe last November? I have been unable to send a document between My
    MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2011) 10.13.2 using TF5 5.2.5
    and either an
    iPhone8 11.2.5 TF 5.2.4
    or
    iPad Air (WiFi) 11.2.5 TF 5.2.4

I am able to send documents between the two IOS devices, but cannot appear to get things working as they were prior to the failure – to & from the Mac, even when all other external conditions are the same.

I really need this functionality back – any suggestions?!
    Thanks in advance, Stephen.

February 13, 2018 at 11:47 AM #27347

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

Here’s a test for you to try.

Instead of using the Send Document function in Tap Forms, try using AirDrop in the Finder to send a .tapforms document to your iOS devices.

Does that work at all?

If so, then it should work in Tap Forms too.

But if that doesn’t work, then that’s probably why it’s not working in Tap Forms either. Tap Forms uses AirDrop to send files between devices.

See Apple’s Tech Note on AirDrop:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203106

You may need a 2012 Mac or newer for it to work.

Alternatively, use iTunes File Sharing to copy your .tapforms document from your Mac to your iOS devices.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 13, 2018 at 12:04 PM #27349

Stephen
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Wow, that was fast! lol

OK, looks like I’m stuck with iTunes file sharing for now. This was working, so I can only imagine a system update has crippled it somewhere along the way? At least the iTunes workaround appears to be achieving the end result, so thanks.

Regards, Stephen.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.