Unable to Launch TF

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Chris Medeiros
    Participant

I’ve been using this great app for around two years. However, I’ve run into an issue this afternoon where the app crashed and I can’t get it to launch again. It won’t even launch to the to where I can select a document.

I did restart the computer, but that made no difference. Any recommendations?

February 23, 2022 at 12:41 AM #46837

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Try holding down the shift key when you start Tap Forms, that should prevent it re-opening any previously opened documents assuming it’s using the standard Mac behaviour (which is usually the case).

February 23, 2022 at 2:24 AM #46845

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmm… it could be there’s some data in your database that’s in an unexpected format.

If you can email me a zipped copy of your current document then I can examine it to see what’s causing the failure. Email to support@tapforms.com

Thanks,

Brendan

February 23, 2022 at 7:27 AM #46853

Chris Medeiros
    Participant

Sam, Thank you for your suggestion. I tried holding the Shift Key while launching TF. Same results unfortunately. The TF Menu Bar appears for awhile, but then disappears and a Problem Report is thrown up.

Brendan, I will zip up a copy of my document and send it to you. Thank you for your willingness to check it out. I appreciate it.

I expect my 49″ ultra-wide display to arrive today. Yay! On April 8, God willing, I will be deciding on whether an M1 Mac mini will replace my struggling 11 year old iMac or an M1 Pro Mac mini. I can’t help but suspect some of these issues are related to my old hardware.

February 23, 2022 at 11:35 AM #46856

Brendan
    Keymaster

So it turns out this is another occurrence of the dreaded “Crashing on exception: What kind of segmented control are we!” issue with macOS 10.13.6. I’ve only ever seen this crash on that version of macOS. And I’ve already fixed it for the next update. It happens when you switch to the Calendar view because the Today button uses a segmented control that macOS 10.13.6 seems to not recognize.

The strange thing about that is I had not changed that segmented control probably since I first built the Calendar View feature. I think it was caused by a new version of Xcode that I used to compile the last published build.

February 23, 2022 at 1:49 PM #46864

Chris Medeiros
    Participant

Got it. Thanks Brendan!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.