Tutorial for setting up CouchDB with SSL on Windows?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Tutorial for setting up CouchDB with SSL on Windows?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

y ai
    Participant

Hello. I have Windows 10 and I was interested in configuring a CouchDB server for Windows 10 to sync with TapForms5 in my iPhone and iPad.
    However I don’t know how to make CouchDB secure with SSL/https.
    I tried to follow the CouchDB tutorial from TapForms but that one is for Mac and I eventually got stuck on certificates generation/selfsigning.
    Do you have a tutorial for setting up in Windows 10? It would be fantastic to have this documentation for Windows Users.

Thanks very much for your app!

July 5, 2022 at 11:54 PM #47574

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Y,

I’m very sorry but I don’t even have a Windows computer, so I don’t have a clue how to setup CouchDB for SSL on Windows. I think you’re going to have to do some research on some CouchDB forums.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 6, 2022 at 4:44 AM #47576

y ai
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

What if I encrypt the database and then sync via a simple HTTP connection to CouchDB? Would this be safe to do? Does TapForms sync encrypted the contents, or it just encrypts locally and sync unencrypted copies?

Thanks!

July 7, 2022 at 8:04 PM #47583

Brendan
    Keymaster

When Tap Forms syncs, it uses an SSL connection (if you set that up on CouchDB), but then the data at rest on the sync server is not encrypted. It’s encrypted locally in your copies of the database if you enable that.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.