Trouble with more than one email addresses

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Trouble with more than one email addresses

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Charles Kouns
    Participant

I am trying to add a second email address for my clients who have them. When I drag the email address field onto my form, I change the name to Email Address 2. But then the program automatically picks up the email address that is in Email Address 1. So I get a duplicate that I have to delete. But when I enter the new email address in Email Address 2, it changes Email Address 1 so I have a duplicate again.

Is there a way to fix this? I thought perhaps I could create new fields, but I can’t find a way to do it. I am very new with this program trying to wean away from my ages old Bento.

Thanks for help

Charlie

September 7, 2017 at 4:26 PM #24476

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

Charlie,

It sounds like you’re just dragging the same field into your layout, created two instances of the same field. The “Name” that you’re changing is just a static text label; that’s not how you create a new field.

Do this:

1. Click on the “Form” button in the title bar of the window. That will open up the Form Inspector panel.
    2. Click on the Fields tab at the top of the Form Inspector.
    3. Beneath the list of existing fields, click the + button to add a new field. Give it a name and select “Email” from the Type pop-up menu.

Now that you have a second email field, you can switch to the Layout Inspector and drag the new field to your layout.

Hope that helps,
    Mike

September 7, 2017 at 4:36 PM #24478

Charles Kouns
    Participant

Perfect Mike — Thanks!!!!!!

I will get this eventually. only my 2nd day.

Charlie

September 7, 2017 at 5:06 PM #24479

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

Glad I could help. If you haven’t already done so, it might be useful to view the Tap Forms tutorial videos: https://vimeo.com/channels/tapformsmac5

— Mike

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.