Trouble Printing a Custom Layout

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Steve Feldman
    Participant

I have a Tap Forms 5.3.35 database containing 868 records, each record contains 21 fields.
    I want to have a new layout containing only four of those fields in one row that I can print out.
    From the Tap Forms manual Designing Layouts section I have:
    Created a new layout
    Added a logo header to the top
    From the layout inspection panel dragged the four fields onto the canvas
    Arranged the titles of each field at the top of the column with the record field below
    Ideally I would now be able to see and print the new layout and each record would print in a column below the titles
    but when I view the print menu – if I select the Record details or labels button it wants to print 868 pages of the new layout with one record on each page. If I select the Table of records button it will print the columns I want but only for my Default Layout, no option to print the new layout.
    What can I do to make this work?

• This topic was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by Steve Feldman.
    February 1, 2024 at 1:56 PM #50434

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Custom layouts are not designed for printing a tabular format. You can do it sort of if you use the Labels layout, but it won’t work with having a single column header at the top and all the rows below it. That’s what the Table of Records layout is for.

On the Fields tab on the Print panel, you can specify which fields will be printed. So it’s not actually printing the Default Layout with that option when you choose the Table of records option.

February 1, 2024 at 4:32 PM #50437

Steve Feldman
    Participant

Thanks Brendan, that worked!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.