Trial Version

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

dcrowley
    Participant

Is there a way to download a trial version for the Mac to see if I want to pay $25 for this program.

August 22, 2013 at 10:44 PM #6508

Brendan
    Keymaster

There’s no trial version. But I’ve started to post some screencast videos on my Support page that you can watch. That’ll give you an idea how it works. I’ve only got one there so far, but I’ll have a couple more tomorrow and more later on. At least until my son runs out of time before he goes back to school :-)

Thanks,

Brendan

August 23, 2013 at 5:28 AM #6510

Belinda
    Participant

give tap form a chance. it´s worth any penny/cent! i´m a heavy bento (EUR 45,00) and filemaker user (regular version EUR 450,00, upgrade EUR 250,00) and I switched to TF. I like it so much, i´m really impressed about style, possibilities and easyness … and cheap! iCloud sync between devices is the burner.
    Thanks, Brendan, you did a really good job!

August 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM #6511

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks for your kind words Belinda!

Brendan

August 23, 2013 at 5:37 PM #6512

Roo
    Participant

The screencasts are great but unfortunately the Mac General Overview one is not in focus! I wonder if you could re-record it. I think users and potential users would love to see more of these videos to help explain the intricacies of Tap Forms if you can find the time.

August 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM #6550

johnmcboston
    Participant

The screencasts are great – gave me the information I needed to take the plunge…

August 28, 2013 at 2:11 PM #6559

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Roo,

Sorry about the fuzziness of the General Overview video. Still learning the ropes with ScreenFlow.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 23, 2013 at 7:15 AM #6732

PeMe63
    Participant

Helo Brendan,

What about customizing print-layouts (masks)? Is there a Tutorial for that topic too? I would like to buy the App but I also would like to test it before buying.

Thanks.

September 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM #6738

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi PeMe,

There’s a bit of customization you can do in printing on the Mac version. You can turn on and off which fields get printed and you can choose to print records out in a table view format or one record per page (or multiple pages if the record spans multiple pages).

Thanks!

Brendan

September 24, 2013 at 6:17 AM #6745

PeMe63
    Participant

I would like to move fields around, resize typo and so on; is that possible with Tap Forms?

Thank you for your response.

September 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM #6748

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi PeMe,

Yes, it’s possible. On the Edit Form screen, just drag the fields up and down and position them where you’d like them to be. You can also easily change the field names even after you’ve created them if you like.

Thanks!

Brendan

November 22, 2013 at 9:44 PM #7794

Alison McLaughlin
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I use OS 10.6 – would I still be able to use Tap Forms but with limited functionality or would it simply not work at all? It would be really nice to have a trial version so I can see how it works on my computer. I can’t see upgrading my OS just for this one app but if most of the features worked in OS 10.6 then I would buy it.

November 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM #7810

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Alison,

My apologies, but Tap Forms was written using OS X 10.7 technologies that just aren’t available in OS X 10.6. So no manner of trying would make it work.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.