Transition from old to new Claudant

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

numari
    Participant

1. I’ve created an ibm cloud account and a Claudant instance and received username and password credentials. Now I’m at the point of actually making the transition. In the TapForms instructions I see I’m supposed to have the same document open on all devices. Now my question is can I assume that with the document opened and already synced under the old Claudant I don’t need to follow the instructions relating to sharing the document and using dropbox to transfer one copy from one device to all the others? They are identical by virtue of being synced under the old, still active, Claudant.

2. Now what if I later add a new device? Do I have to have all the previous devices active and open to that document before I can include the new device?

Thanks

March 14, 2018 at 9:02 AM #27822

numari
    Participant

Please excuse the misspelling of Cloudant in the above post.

March 14, 2018 at 12:25 PM #27831

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Numari,

Since you already have a copy of the document on each device, then it’s just a matter of signing out of the old Cloudant then pasting in your new username and password into the Cloudant sync settings screen to sync with the new system. You should probably do that one device at a time to give Tap Forms a chance to fully sync the database before you move on to the next one.

And when you want to add a new device, you don’t have to have all the documents opened at the same time. It’s just good enough to have them installed on each device. Just open that document up on your new device and put in your username and password provided by the Service Credentials from IBM Cloud.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.