Transferring Tap Forms Database to Another

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Transferring Tap Forms Database to Another

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Carol Moncrief
    Participant

I purchased Tap Forms for a client to set up 2 databases. I need to transfer the databases to the next person who will support my client’s databases. I don’t know if this person will be a Mac user or a PC user. So first, now that the client paid for the purchases of Tap Forms on both my Mac and iPhone, is there a way to transfer the ownership to the next person? We agreed to the iPhone app so that anytime there is a question about the contents of either database, I am able to provide answers from anywhere, even when I’m not in front of my Mac.

What if the person is a PC user? Can you recommend the best way to transfer the databases so that they can import the records into another app? Any app recommendations you may have will be helpful. I have successfully exported with attachments. I would like to provide suggestions if the next person is not a Mac user. Thank you so much!

March 29, 2016 at 10:46 AM #16246

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Carol,

Well, each customer requires their own license of Tap Forms, whether it be for iOS or Mac. There’s no PC version of Tap Forms, so your only option is to do what you’re already doing by exporting your records. Perhaps they could use FileMaker Pro on their Windows PC or MS Access.

Licenses of Tap Forms cannot be transferred to other owners. They will need to purchase their own licenses.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.