Transfer to IBM Cloudant

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

John Scoble
    Participant

Hi Brendan

Following the chaser from IBM, about the stopping of the initial Cloudant service, I have spent a long time, trying (and eventually succeeding) in transferring the sync to the new IBM Cloudant Service. However, I found it was not as easy as I had thought, and I wonder if the suggested changes to the On-Line Manual instructions might assist some people. I have copied the On-Line Manual, and made a few possible changes, as I went through the process for a 2nd time, to create an account for my wife. The suggestions are in red in the attached document.

I have not tried to replicate the paragraph numbers or your font, as I thought you would want to do that yourself, after you have made the appropriate editing of my suggestions, if you feel any of the the changes are worthwhile.

I suspect that many people (like me), have ignored the emails from IBM, and have not realised that the old service will just cease to be, and that action to set up a completely new account is required.

With best wishes

John

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 13, 2018 at 2:22 PM #27801

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Thanks very much for the additions to the manual.

I’ve incorporated many of your suggestions into the manual now. I also went through the process again myself. I didn’t get asked for the captcha though. So that was different. Everything else was the same as you had described it. It must have changed since I wrote the initial documentation.

Thanks!

Brendan

March 13, 2018 at 3:47 PM #27804

Nigel Parrish
    Participant

Thank you.

March 13, 2018 at 4:36 PM #27806

John Scoble
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan

It’s annoying when you write a set of instructions for a third party application, and then they change the process.

I like the emphasis you have placed in the red box at the beginning. It stands out as the first thing to read, and (I felt) is clear to understand.

With best wishes, John.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.