Transfer or Sync between diff. AppleID

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Ryo Kato
    Participant

Hello,

I need to have a database being made on an OSX computer be accessed on an iOS device. The problem is I purchased and am using Tap Forms with one AppleID, but the iOS is under another AppleID.

Is there a way to share database between different AppleIDs?

Thank you!

July 14, 2014 at 5:27 PM #10523

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ryo,

No, there is not. All devices must be using the same Apple ID. That’s just the way Apple built iCloud. Tap Forms is only allowed to access a common folder which contains all your Tap Forms iCloud data. And that folder is on a per account basis.

It would be nice if Apple provided “per-app” iCloud logins.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 14, 2014 at 11:47 PM #10526

Leo
    Participant

Brendan,

Maybe you can have a look at the app ” the Vault”. It seems this app uses the same sync engine but uses Dropbox for this. If you could alter the sync path to the folder, maybe this could be the answer for all of us who wishes for a multi user sync?

Leo

July 15, 2014 at 4:07 PM #10529

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Leo,

Not sure what you mean by uses the same sync engine. Tap Forms uses a custom sync engine that was built around iCloud’s APIs. That being said, I’m always looking for alternatives because I understand the need for this. Just wish it was a simple problem. Perhaps I should have built it with Dropbox from the very beginning.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 5, 2014 at 2:07 PM #10600

Discmann Musik
    Participant

Another piece of software I use regularly that syncs between iOS and OS X is 1Password. In 1Password you can choose to sync the database using iCloud or Dropbox. This would be a great feature in Tap Forms to allow for using/syncing databases between devices using different Apple IDs.

Thanks for a great piece of software and here’s to its continued development!

Best,
    Chris

August 7, 2014 at 11:37 PM #10607

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Yup, 1Password is a great piece of software. Written by a fellow Canadian company :-)

Adding another sync option is definitely on my todo list. There’s lots of things on my todo list :-)

Thanks!

Brendan

August 12, 2014 at 1:18 PM #10624

bvision
    Participant

Hang in there, Brendan! We know your doing all you can!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.