Transfer Forms and Records

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

John Scoble
    Participant

Hi Brendan

My wife and I run 3 documents (and I occasionally run an additional Test document). Basically, we have 1 shared document, and 1 “private” document each (containing items the other isn’t interested in).

I want to transfer certain forms and records from one “private” document to the shared document. Is there easy way to do this, in one operation?

I can see a longwinded way as follows:
    – create an archive of the document containing the source forms and records
    – import that archive to a new temporary document
    – delete from the temporary document all forms (and records) which are not required.
    – archive the temporary document
    – import the temporary archive into the shared document

Is there another way to do this? If not, could you consider creating (1) an export facility of just selected forms and records to a separate archive, which could then be imported to a different document, and/or (2) enable one to transfer such items between two open documents?

Many thanks

John

October 5, 2018 at 3:50 PM #30919

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Just exporting a .tfarc file using the Export Tap Forms Archive function and importing it into your other document is good enough. You don’t have to do all that other stuff like creating and deleting temporary documents and stuff. That’s what the Tap Forms Archive format was designed for. To easily share a form and it’s data between documents.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 6, 2018 at 2:27 AM #30925

John Scoble
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan

I should have engaged my brain, before emailing you, as I have used the Archive facility for that before!

I still wonder if it would be worth considering a direct copy or move facility between two open documents. Something for your idle hours!!!! (Not that I suspect you have any.)

With best wishes

John

July 15, 2023 at 3:26 PM #49690

James Sapp
    Participant

For sharing a TapForms record with someone who doesn’t have TapForms, the simplest way I’ve found is to select the record you want to share is to Print/Open as a PDF and send the PDF by sharing it what ever you way you want to use. Unfortunately, TapForms doesn’t have a Sharing open unless you use Print and share the PDF.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.