My wife and I run 3 documents (and I occasionally run an additional Test document). Basically, we have 1 shared document, and 1 “private” document each (containing items the other isn’t interested in).
I want to transfer certain forms and records from one “private” document to the shared document. Is there easy way to do this, in one operation?
I can see a longwinded way as follows:
– create an archive of the document containing the source forms and records
– import that archive to a new temporary document
– delete from the temporary document all forms (and records) which are not required.
– archive the temporary document
– import the temporary archive into the shared document
Is there another way to do this? If not, could you consider creating (1) an export facility of just selected forms and records to a separate archive, which could then be imported to a different document, and/or (2) enable one to transfer such items between two open documents?
Just exporting a .tfarc file using the Export Tap Forms Archive function and importing it into your other document is good enough. You don’t have to do all that other stuff like creating and deleting temporary documents and stuff. That’s what the Tap Forms Archive format was designed for. To easily share a form and it’s data between documents.