Transfer database to iPad

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Ray
    Participant

I have had to restore my iPad to factory settings. Now I cannot get my database onto the iPad. I’m running ios9.3.5 (the latest my iPad will support) and OS10.13 High Sierra with the latest TapForms. My iPad does not support AirDrop. My iTunes does not show Apps or File transfer. How do I get the database onto my iPad?

October 30, 2017 at 12:03 AM #25654

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ray,

iTunes should show File Sharing when you have your iPad plugged in. You can transfer your database to Tap Forms using iTunes File Sharing.

If you have the latest version of iTunes, then there’s a specific File Sharing section now that will show up when you plug your iPad in.

October 30, 2017 at 12:15 AM #25657

Ray
    Participant

Thanks Brendan

Problem is that I do have the latest iTunes but it does not show File Transfer (or Apps). I can’t find anything on the web that shows me how to get it to appear. I was hoping that there would be some other method.

October 30, 2017 at 12:17 AM #25658

Ray
    Participant

I pressed some more buttons and finally got File Sharing. Shoud be ok now, I hope.

October 30, 2017 at 12:43 AM #25660

Ray
    Participant

Thanks. Up and running now.

October 30, 2017 at 12:16 PM #25664

Brendan
    Keymaster

Excellent.

Buttons are fun to press :)

They reveal all sorts of things you can do.

June 26, 2021 at 11:10 AM #44679

Robert Boston
    Participant

Okay, I’ve sent my databases to the iPad, but when I start TapForms on the iPad it doesn’t open them. iTunes sharing shows that the databases are on the iPad, but WHERE ARE THEY??? How do I get TapForms to open them?

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.