Total of Cost records?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

paulillman
    Participant

I have made a Form that logs purchases/dates/notes/COSTS for a project that I am undertaking, and wonder if there is any way that I can use the Tapform app to provide a running subtotal of these costs? By the way I note that this app often closes down on it’s own under iOS4 – is there an update pending.

Many thanks

Paul Illman

June 27, 2010 at 6:16 PM #4114

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Paul,

A calculation field type is on my to-do list.

And I submitted my iOS4 update to Apple for approval last week, but had to withdraw it yesterday to fix up a couple of things. They hadn’t even started reviewing it at that time. I will re-submit it today to Apple for approval.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 29, 2010 at 7:15 PM #4242

paulillman
    Participant

Any progress on total of costs field? Still using this excellent app but this feature is still the one thing missing for me!

October 29, 2010 at 7:59 PM #4243

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Paul,

I haven’t started on a calculation field type yet. But I do have an aggregate calculation for my next update. The aggregate calculation is something you specify on the form itself. You can pick a field that you would like to perform an aggregate calculation on. For example, if you had a cost field, you could have Tap Forms display the total cost of ALL records in the form on the list view at the bottom.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 30, 2010 at 6:58 PM #4244

paulillman
    Participant

Many thanks, I look forward to the next update, might well be what I need!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.