Timeline Form?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Kathy Bado
    Participant

Is there a way to make an easy-to-fill-out timeline form for my event planners? I’m used to using excel but would love to create something within the app so they can just plug in dates, times and activities.

September 28, 2015 at 5:58 PM #14726

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kathy,

Well you can certainly create a form that has as many dates fields that you need. Plus you can then create multiple Saved Searches to filter your dates by specific date ranges or other date periods, such as “this week”, “next week”, “this month”, “last month”, “next month”, etc.

Thanks!

Brendan

September 28, 2015 at 6:52 PM #14728

Kathy Bado
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Being the non-tech person I am, I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you mean. I need each time “field” to have notes associated with it. How would a search do this?

September 29, 2015 at 12:04 PM #14736

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kathy,

Well a Time field is just a field and a Note field is a separate field. So you can create a form that has both a Time field and a Note field if you like.

The manual will have some information in it to help you create a form with fields in it.

This chapter shows how to create a form and add fields to it:

http://www.manula.com/manuals/tap-zapp/tap-forms-mac/3/en/topic/creating-a-new-form

Searches are just a way to filter your records so that you can see just the records you’re interested in within a given time span.

For information on creating searches, click here:

http://www.manula.com/manuals/tap-zapp/tap-forms-mac/3/en/topic/searching

You can create searches for specific dates or you can use the “In the Period” comparison to search for the given date ranges I mentioned above. Click the gear button to the left of the Search field to create a new advanced search, select fields you’d like to filter on, select a comparison (e.g. in the period, greater than, less than, etc.), then click the Save button to save your search. It will appear to the left below the form name you’re wanting to filter your records by.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.