Time / Duration

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

andrel42
    Participant

Hey Brendan, hope all is well with you and thank you for all the new recent features!

I have an issue with Date/Time fields.

My database tracks flights with three time fields (Type: TIME); departure, arrival and duration. When entering the departure and arrival times for example 07:00 (am) to 08:30 (am) the time is automatically converted to 19:00 and 20:30 (pm?) and I have to click the pop-up clock to set it back to am. Same problem with the duration, in this case 01:30 (01h 30min) displays as 13:30.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thank you!
    Andre

January 26, 2014 at 11:35 AM #8889

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Andre,

That’s very interesting.

Tap Forms uses Apple Data Detectors to try to figure out what time or date values you are actually entering into the field. It’s Apple’s code that’s doing that. If you add am or pm to the end then it will get the right value for you. You can also enter in things like “lunch today” or “dinner tomorrow” and it will enter in the appropriate times for those. E.g. 9 am for lunch today and 8:00 pm for dinner tomorrow. At least that’s what it does on my computer.

I just tested it and you’re right, it is behaving the way you said. I don’t really have control over that aspect as far as I know. One solution would be for me to force a specific format to be used in time fields. But it wouldn’t give you the flexibility to enter values in a variety of formats.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.