Time Calculation bug???

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Darryn Lowe
    Participant

Hi, if I create a calculation based on a time field if I don’t add the time on the same device as I added the other fields I get a number that is well incorrect.

For example on one record I’ve got a travel time of 386833:12. As much as I’d like to get paid for that it’s a bit over the top for something that should read around 2:00.

February 17, 2014 at 2:23 AM #9049

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Darryn,

If you switch your Time fields to be Date & Time fields, do you see if the dates occur on the same day or are they on different days?

Thanks,

Brendan

February 17, 2014 at 12:49 PM #9052

Darryn Lowe
    Participant

Yeah, it’s automatically put a date of 01/01/1970.

If I tick the “Set Current Date” box that fixes it.

It would be kind if nice if the Time field just included time but actually changing this field to a date and time field might be a good idea for those odd times when I pull an all-nighter.

February 17, 2014 at 11:22 PM #9057

Brendan
    Keymaster

For Date, Date & Time, and Time, Tap Forms stores the number of seconds passed since January 1, 1970. The different field types merely decide how to display the time. Since the time is represented as the number of seconds, it’s impossible to store just the time portion.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 20, 2014 at 1:17 PM #9102

Darryn Lowe
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation.
    I’ll change my database to suit this information actually because the Date and Time field is actually more suited to what I’m trying to achieve.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.