thumbnail resizing issue – iPhone

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Robyn Miller
    Participant

I found what looks to be a bug this morning, although I haven’t thoroughly investigated it. (I am a QA engineer, so this makes me feel like I am not doing my job lol… but I don’t have time to really look into this)

Version: 3.8.1 iPhone
    Device: iPhone 5S
    OS Version: 7.1.1
    Background: all forms were created and populated via Mac app using the default layout, originally with 2.1 and then edited with 2.2 and then synced to iPhone and iPad apps … but don’t let me confuse you, this bug was found on the iPhone app

Repro steps:

Using a form with a photo in the first place and a text field in the second place, with one list view field shown and thumbnails set to display the smallest size (although I thought I had it set to display the largest size when I created it in the Mac app)

1. View list with icons set to smallest size (attached photo #1)
    2. Change settings to show largest thumbnail
    4. Return to list view
    5. Note lots of space shown around images (attached photo #2)
    6. Change settings back to show smallest thumbnail
    5. Return to list view
    7. Note the images are now small again, but all the white space remains (attached photos 3a & 3b)

Odditiy: after syncing with the Mac 2.2 app, I see the thumbnails set to the large view for that form even though they are still showing as small in the iPhone app settings and list view

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    May 1, 2014 at 1:43 PM #9923

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Robyn,

Thanks very much for your detailed explanation of this issue.

You should be on my beta team!

If you exit the form and then go back in to view the list of records, does it correct the row height issue?

It’s possible I haven’t cleared the row height cache when you change the size of the photo field thumbnails.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 1, 2014 at 7:54 PM #9929

Robyn Miller
    Participant

No that didn’t help… although, opening the record and then returning to the list view did fix the issue. Now I cannot reproduce it consistently, but there is some funkiness with the sizing when switching back and forth between the size options. I think you are right, it must be some caching thing.

Sure, I don’t mind being on the beta team.

May 1, 2014 at 8:04 PM #9930

Robyn Miller
    Participant

ugh, I wrote that up quickly this morning and didn’t proof read… now I see all my typos. You would think I couldn’t count. Next time I will have to use the ordered list tag.

/facepalm

May 1, 2014 at 9:09 PM #9933

Brendan
    Keymaster

1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 5, 7.

It’s the new way to count! :-)

Send me your UUID and I’ll get you setup with access to the betas and I’ll give you access to the beta forum.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.