Three questions

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

b d
    Participant

1) Is there an upper limit on the number of records that can be created with one file?

2) How big can one file size be?

3) Can I export / import multiple forms together?

June 21, 2018 at 2:37 AM #29380

Brendan
    Keymaster

1. Not really, but the more you add, the longer it will take to fetch the data.
    2. I’ve seen multi-gigabyte database documents before, but that’s usually due to file attachments and photos.
    3. If you export a Tap Forms Archive and you have forms that are linked together, Tap Forms will export the main form and all of its linked forms together into one file. Importing that file will import the main form and all of the linked forms and their records.

June 21, 2018 at 3:49 AM #29384

b d
    Participant

When exporting / importing multiple forms at once, do I need to create Link to Form feeds as many as the number of child forms in the parent form? Is there any other good way?

June 21, 2018 at 2:07 PM #29425

Brendan
    Keymaster

If you just export the parent form, all Link to Form field form’s data will be exported too when using the Tap Forms Archive file format. So you only need to export the parent form. Try it out in a new document yourself to see how it works.

June 21, 2018 at 2:57 PM #29428

b d
    Participant

What I want to know is how to make a parent-child relationship of a form.
    For example, if there are ten child forms, do I have to create 10 Link to Form fields in the parent form?
    But then it will take time and effort, but is there no other good way?

June 21, 2018 at 8:18 PM #29434

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, if you have 10 forms that you want to link to, then you have to create 10 Link to Form fields to link to them.

This page in the online user manual describes how to use Link to Form fields:

https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5/en/topic/relationships

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.