The Shrunken Window has Returned

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

John Mosbarger
    Participant

After the 5.3.0 update, the opening windows is pulled in on the right side. The 5.3.1 update fixed it. Now after the 5.3.2 update it has returned.

Regards,
    John

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    September 28, 2018 at 5:46 PM #30807

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi John,

I’m not sure what you mean by the shrunken windows. Your screenshot just shows the corner of a window.

September 28, 2018 at 6:18 PM #30808

John Mosbarger
    Participant

The main window will not open maximized. The screenshot shows how far the right edge is when Tap Forms is opened.

September 28, 2018 at 6:27 PM #30809

John Mosbarger
    Participant

Here’s the entire window when first opened.

Attachments:
    September 28, 2018 at 7:51 PM #30811

Brendan
    Keymaster

So do you mean that you can’t make the window wider even when you drag the bottom-right corner to the right?

You can reset the window positions by launching the Terminal application, then pasting in this command into the Terminal window:

defaults delete com.tapzapp.tapforms-mac

Then press return.

Then launch Tap Forms.

Hopefully that’ll help.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 28, 2018 at 8:34 PM #30812

John Mosbarger
    Participant

Unfortunately that didn’t solve the problem.

September 28, 2018 at 8:55 PM #30813

Brendan
    Keymaster

Try rebooting your Mac. I’ve had odd issues with preferences not getting stored and rebooting solves the problem usually.

September 29, 2018 at 6:11 AM #30816

John Mosbarger
    Participant

The problem didn’t solve itself. It’s odd that 5.3.1 worked as intended, and in 5.3.2 it reappeared. I upgraded to High Sierra yesterday and that didn’t change anything. My iMac just misses the cutoff date for Mojave, so maybe I’ll do a clean install of High Sierra one of these days and see what happens.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
    John

October 8, 2018 at 6:42 AM #30957

John Mosbarger
    Participant

I experimented a little. When I open a form in Single Column View the window is the correct size. When I change to Multi-Column View the window pulls in on the right.

Regards,
    John

May 14, 2019 at 12:39 PM #34871

Irene Oudyk-Suk
    Participant

Perhaps I have a shrunken window problem? I can’t get the most right hand panel/column to disappear. I have attached a screen shot. On the particular screen shot I attached, the fact that the right column is there isn’t a problem. However on other entries (that contain a lot more information) it is a problem. What do I do to fix this?

Attachments:
    May 15, 2019 at 11:52 AM #34883

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Irene,

Click on the Layout button at the top of the window to disable the layout inspector panel. That’ll free up that space for the record details view.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.