The one feature keeping me from a switch from Bento…

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms The one feature keeping me from a switch from Bento…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

grooveagent
    Participant

Hey all,

I just started researching Tap Forms and was quite impressed with what the developer has done. Plus, the fact that he is a single programmer who takes pride in his product is refreshing compared to the corporate BS of Filemaker. Also it’s cool he’s from Alberta Canada which is where I’m from. ;) This is something I feel good about investing in – unlike Filemaker which slapped Bento users in the face by abandoning them. :(

The one thing that is keeping from making the switch from Bento is the ability to sum a field from a group of records. I use Bento as an invoicing system and would like to be able to add up the totals of my invoices. Allowing this feature in a saved search could be used as a reporting system. See attachment for an example from Bento.

Looking forward to eventually making the switch. Keep up the good work!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 12, 2014 at 2:53 PM #8685

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi GrooveAgent,

Thanks for your posting. Also thanks for your posts on the Bento forum. I only just saw them today when I was searching over there to see if Tap Forms had ever been mentioned.

You can do this, but at the moment it only supports a summation from a single field at a time. The results will display at the bottom of the list of records. It works with Saved Searches too so when you filter your records, it will show just the calculation that is appropriate for the set of records displayed.

Also, when you have a linked form it will display the calculation at the bottom of that too.

See attached examples.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 14, 2014 at 12:00 AM #8712

grooveagent
    Participant

Oh great, thanks for the info! The demo was very useful. I’m about to purchase the whole suite of TapForms apps, but am going to recreate a basic version of all my Bento in Tap Forma to make sure it will do what I want it to. The more I use it, the more cool features I find that I wished Bento had.

Keep up the good work!

January 14, 2014 at 12:44 AM #8717

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks GrooveAgent!

June 17, 2014 at 7:06 PM #10412

grooveagent
    Participant

I tried a recent demo of Tapforms which addressed these concerns. Thank you!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.