Thank you for the great search and filter upgrade.

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Thank you for the great search and filter upgrade.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Steve Morris
    Participant

I updated to version 5 for no particular reason except to support the app and keep current. i didn’t really know what was in it. After a couple of months I tried search again and I was blown away by by the improved functionality. I guess I should read release notes. Outstanding. Thanks. It covers many things I used to export to Pythonista and write python scripts for. As usual the user interface for the new code is cranky and often not intuitive. Since I have lots of issues with Tap forms navigation I find this is consistent with the rest of the product: Outstanding functionality with confusing and opaque user interface. (Someday I’ll figure out how to use Tap Forms on my Apple Watch. I’ve been trying sporadically for a week. I’m sure I will figure it out eventually. Currently I can’t get anything except the watch icon on the document and the empty forms window on the watch.)

So side notes aside the search and filter functionality take an already great data base to a new level.

March 1, 2017 at 3:47 PM #21315

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the kind words. I’m glad you’re finding the latest search updates useful.

As for the Apple Watch. There are 2 things that need to happen before a form will appear on it.

1. Set the “Display on Apple Watch” function on the Document Info panel. You can get there by tapping on the (i) button at the bottom of the Documents view and then tap on the file. You’ll see a switch for that there.
    2. On the specific form itself you’ll need to enable the “Show on Watch” function.

Once you’ve done that then you should see the forms appear on the Apple Watch.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.