TF5 performance issue

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Paul Symons
    Participant

Hi,
    I am well pleased with TF 5 even though I did have issues with lost pics when converting from the previous version.
    However, thing I have noticed is that TF5 often has a jerky response, for instance when scrolling thru the list view or when creating a new record. At the moment my database is only 195 records, each with a photo, but I have to wait momentarily several times when scrolling thru the whole list. I didn’t have this with the previous version which did everything smoothly.
    I have an iMac late 2013 i5 processor and have upgraded to 16gb of memory so I can’t imagine it would be my system.
    Has anyone else noticed this?
    Paul

August 15, 2016 at 8:46 AM #18657

Brendan
    Keymaster

I do have to work on this issue. It has to do with generating thumbnails.

Can you please try the new Photo Grid View? Does that have the same issue for you?

August 15, 2016 at 11:43 AM #18658

Paul Symons
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    I have tried the Photo grid view and this does not show any scrolling problems.

I do have regular momentary pauses when creating a new record with my custom layout. There may be a pause when jumping to the next field, or when choosing from a pick list for instance. It’s not a big deal but can be mildly irritating.
    I can’t see how that would have anything to do with generating thumbnails.

Thanks and good luck. Keep up the good work.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.