TF5 5.3.9 (Build 955): Crashing!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Barry Shevlin
    Participant

I’m running macOS Catalina 10.15.2.In TF5 latest iteration, when I try to move the ‘Uncategorised’ category (to reorder it), a crash occurs. Total wipe out. I have repeated it several times, same result, even after multiple reboots of iMac.

Of lesser importance, I also note the ‘hide form’ option is inoperable (in My Forms).

Sorry I cannot shed more light on it. The problem is the speed of the crash – here one minute, totally gone the next! Happy to send crash report if it helps.

December 22, 2019 at 12:46 AM #38862

Barry Shevlin
    Participant

Further to my posting, perhaps I should add that the crash occurs when I attempt to drag the ‘uncategorised’ category in the main window, not in the >tools>edit categories window.

Type: CrashOpen Report
    Application: Tap Forms 5.appShow in Finder
    Executable: /Applications/Tap Forms 5.app
    Count: 15
    Last date: 2019-12-21 19:53:36
    Details: Crashing on exception: There are 0 items on the pasteboard, but 1 drag images. There must be 1 dragging Item per pasteboard Item.

December 22, 2019 at 9:04 PM #38869

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Barry,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

I’m working on a fix for this now.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 23, 2019 at 1:01 AM #38870

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Barry,

Ok, so the crash is fixed, but I just wanted to tell you that although I do have the feature to drag and drop the Saved Searches and Search Folders to reorder them within a Form and to drag and drop a Form to a different Category, I didn’t have the function to drag and drop Categories themselves. For that you have to go to the Tools > Lists > Edit Categories function. Drag and drop there will also rearrange them on the forms list on the left. I should probably allow you to reorder the categories there too. But I didn’t get around to building that.

So after the next update, Tap Forms won’t crash if you try to move a category.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 23, 2019 at 4:46 AM #38872

Barry Shevlin
    Participant

Hi Brendan

Understood and thank you for such a swift response and fix. May I also ask if the ‘hide form’ option will be fixed too in the next update? I aim to hide forms from 2019.

Very best wishes.

Barry

December 24, 2019 at 12:53 AM #38881

Brendan
    Keymaster

Did you report your hide form issue before? My apologies if I’ve forgotten about it.

What issue is that?

The Hide Form feature really only applies if you’ve got your forms list set to My Forms. If you have All Forms selected, then all forms will be displayed, even ones that are marked as being hidden.

December 24, 2019 at 3:17 AM #38885

Barry Shevlin
    Participant

Hi Brendan

Only mentioned the hide form issue as of lesser importance in my first posting above. Maybe I’ve got it wrong. However, I find that in My Forms, selecting the hide form box has zero effect. All I was attempting to do was declutter the interface by hiding forms from 2019.

December 24, 2019 at 1:20 PM #38894

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, it will have no effect until you close and re-open the document.

December 24, 2019 at 11:00 PM #38897

Barry Shevlin
    Participant

Aha! Many thanks, and I’d like to wish you and yours a very happy Christmas.

December 25, 2019 at 1:35 AM #38898

Brendan
    Keymaster

Merry Christmas to you too Barry!

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.