TF for Mac 3.5 keep crashing

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

wongalain
    Participant

Since switch to dropbox sync, the TF Mac 3.5 on my two iMac & MacBook Pro just keep crashing when it opens, never even able to add a new record.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    May 10, 2015 at 10:17 AM #13642

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello,

I believe I have fixed this bug for the next update. It could be that you have file names with backslash characters in them? Or it may have to do with having some other special characters in the file name.

Do you have anything like that?

I will be uploading version 3.5.1 to my website hopefully later today which should fix this problem for you.

In the mean time, if you enter this command into the Terminal application, it should stop the crash on launch:

defaults delete com.tapforms.mac

However, if you turn on Dropbox again, it may cause the crashes to start again if you have any files that are triggering this.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 10, 2015 at 5:47 PM #13652

wongalain
    Participant

Dear Bredan,

Thanx for the prompt reply.
    But what do you mean by filenames that with backslach characters? you mean the forms names? i have no attachments on my databases?

May 10, 2015 at 6:22 PM #13654

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well I’ve seen this no file found exception that you received from another customer and they had backslash characters in the file names of their file attachments, so that’s why I thought maybe you had the same situation.

I’m going to be uploading a new version to my website either later today or tomorrow. I would love it if you could try the direct download version to see if that works better for you. You can get it by clicking the Download the Mac Trial button on my home page.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.