TF crashes after leaving Map-Insert

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Eike Formella
    Participant

Hi,

I’m working with TF 5.3.4 (1807) on Mac (10.12.6). I always (!) get a crash to desktop if I insert an address in the location-field with the open Map-PopUp (called “Aktueller Ort” in German). The right location is shown but after leaving the Map it crashes. It doesn’t matter if I leave the Map with “stop” (Abrechen) or “save” (Speichern). After relaunching TF I see that the location was saved and I can see it on the Map-View. Last things works fine but every entry produces a crash.

Any hints?

Greetings from Germany, Eike

January 5, 2019 at 11:18 AM #33201

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Eike,

I’m not seeing that crash myself. Are you entering in Aktueller Ort into the Search field at the top of the Mop sheet? Try pressing the Return key when you do that to have Tap Forms search for the location. Then press Save.

Maybe if you could email me your form template then I can try to reproduce the crash here.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 5, 2019 at 12:24 PM #33206

Eike Formella
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

thank you for your reply. Instead of a lot of words I’ve taken a little clip to show you the problem (it’s not public on YouTube) in lifetime.

It happens in every form with locations as a field and in every DB

Crazy.

Greetings, Eike

January 5, 2019 at 4:31 PM #33208

Eike Formella
    Participant

Hi,

maybe the chrashreport helps to find the problem.

Greetings, Eike

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 5, 2019 at 10:14 PM #33224

Brendan
    Keymaster

That’s very strange. I just did exactly that with the same build without any crashes.

Would you be able to email me a backup of your document to see if I could reproduce it?

The only difference though is I’m using Mojave and not macOS Sierra like you are. That may be a factor.

January 6, 2019 at 2:51 AM #33228

Brendan
    Keymaster

If you do the same thing from a custom layout, does it also crash there when clicking the Cancel or Save buttons?

January 6, 2019 at 4:58 AM #33231

Eike Formella
    Participant

Oh wow – in a custom layout it works perfectly. It just happened in the Default Layout. That really helps me :)
    Do you still need a document? Then I will create a simple new one and send it to you.

Thanks, Eike

January 6, 2019 at 2:17 PM #33251

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well sure, send me the file.

But I’m on Mojave and maybe Apple solved some problem that caused this crash in older macOS versions.

However, I’ve modified my code so there’s a slight delay in refreshing the record after you click the Save button. Previously Tap Forms was also refreshing the Default Layout when you pressed the Cancel button too. Now it will only do it when you click the Save button, and after a slight delay, giving the map sheet a chance to fully close before the Default Layout is refreshed with the new location value saved.

Hopefully that’ll solve the problem for you.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.