TF 5 – Corrupted database – Cannot restore

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms TF 5 – Corrupted database – Cannot restore

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Laurent
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    My DB fis corrupted. I have the following message when opening: malformed database schema (maps_75_sequence) – no such table: main.maps_75

I tried to restore the file with time machine but got similar error messages on opening.

More over When I want to restore a back up the import command does not allow me to select a back up file (grey)

Heeeelllllp !

Please,

Kind regards
    Laurent

September 2, 2016 at 8:17 PM #19276

Brendan
    Keymaster

A backup file in Tap Forms 5 is just a zipped .tapforms document. So just unzip it in the Finder and double-click on the .tapforms document file to open it.

Also, try updating to the latest version from my website. It should help to prevent that issue from happening again. Version 5.0.5:

https://vendors.paddle.com/download/product/503174

September 2, 2016 at 10:02 PM #19282

Laurent
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Perfect, I could recover a backup by unzipping an older backup file.

I was confused on how to use the zip file because during the migration process from TF 3, a zip TF file is issued without unzipping. Also on TF 3 could not we use unzipped file to import ?

Thanks a lot for your quick help,
    Kind regards,
    Laurent

September 2, 2016 at 10:52 PM #19294

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’m contemplating putting a Restore command in Tap Forms again. But all it would do is unzip the file selected, which you can easily do in the Finder too. The old system had to provide a Restore function because the backup files had to be restored to a specific location to overwrite the one database. But the new version doesn’t require the database files to be stored in the specific location. They can be anywhere on your hard drive, just like any Word, Excel, Numbers, Keynote, Pages, etc. document file.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.