TF 3 Mac bugs and problems

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Christopher Curtis
    Participant

Like the update but quite a few issues I am afraid.
    In no particular order:

• When editing form, category sometimes displays as a kind of code (see attached screen snap). Using drop down to correct this to the right category usually crashes TF.
    • In new forms, photo fields do not show in list view, but do in forms created with previous version of TF (See attached screen snaps).
    • Icon does not show correctly in edit form but does show in forms list
    • Syncing is full of issues. Too many to identify clearly at present and needs careful investigation. I have my two macs syncing more or less correctly after lots of logging on and off iCloud, resets, deleting data on iCloud drive and reseting everything etc.. But nothing I do will get my iPad to join in. It does not see the macs, except at random. It is not seen by the macs either (and I have VERY carefully checked encryption keys exactly as advised). Often the macs show the correct time and date for the syncs, but the data is not up to date (but usually comes across properly later). I realise iCloud Drive is causing lots of problems for lots of apps (e.g. Downcast) but in others it “just works”. Basically, syncing currently makes TF almost unusable

I have also had a couple of random complete crashes – once when I was not even using the program – it was open on screen while I was looking something up in a book.

Hope this helps.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    October 24, 2014 at 3:32 AM #11302

Christopher Curtis
    Participant

Quick update. The photos do appear in “multicolumn” view. Just not in single column.

Just remembered – the photo has to be the first field to show in single list view. Does work if photo is first field.

October 24, 2014 at 1:19 PM #11326

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Christopher,

That strange category name issue is something I’m looking into. You can correct it by just quitting Tap Forms and re-launching it without re-selecting the correct category.

Yes, iCloud Drive is having issues it seems for a lot of users. When it works, it works great. But I think a lot of issues arise from not giving it enough time to sync its changes. There are multiple files involved in the sync process. That’s why you may see the times change when the data hasn’t updated yet. But then later the data gets updated. iCloud syncs smaller files more quickly than larger files and the files that contain the date information are very small.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 25, 2014 at 1:24 AM #11346

Christopher Curtis
    Participant

Current state of play.
    iMac and MBA syncing correctly and without obvious delays, except that images may be delayed (Sometimes for hours) (i.e. image added on one machine may not show up on other machine for a long time, sometimes it is almost instant). I only ever have taprooms running on one machine at a time.
    Since the update yesterday, the iPad is syncing now, but it is very, very slow . The iCloud sync section in tools shows all three devices with correct times for last sync, but with download and upload on 0% always. Despite this, the databases have synced, albeit slowly.

October 25, 2014 at 3:02 AM #11349

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Christopher,

The Upload % and Download % will only be updated at the very moments that Tap Forms is uploading and download the TFSyncDoc…tfx files that it generates. When you tap the upload to iCloud button on a device, Tap Forms simply saves the changes since the last time you did that into a TFSyncDoc…tfx file to a special folder on your device. It’s not even involved in the upload or download process other than to report the status. iCloud will then kick in at some point later and start uploading the TFSyncDoc…tfx file. That’s when you’ll see the Upload % change. Now, on the other device when iCloud is actually downloading a file, that’s when you’ll see the Download % update.

I put the % upload and download progress indicators so that people could see what was happening when iCloud was doing its job. But I think they cause more confusion than anything. Most people I think believe that it should say how much percentage the devices are in sync with each other or something. I’m not really sure. I can’t interpret them in any other way than how much data has been uploaded or downloaded at the time of the file transfers. In any case, once it gets to 100%, I reset it back to 0% so it’s ready for the next upload or download. Perhaps it should behave differently. I’m not sure how though.

October 25, 2014 at 4:17 AM #11359

Heiko None
    Participant

Okay, i updated to Version 3.0 on my Mac.(Yosemite)

Here my Bug description:

If i use the layout function and insert (draw some lines), the lines
    will not show in the print preview and the will not print.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    October 25, 2014 at 2:20 PM #11367

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Heiko,

Oh I see that now. Ok, I’ll get that fixed.

In the mean time, switch to using thin rectangles and they will print.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 27, 2014 at 1:12 AM #11403

Josef Tingbratt
    Participant

I get my ipad to Sync correctly considering the different forms, but it doesn’t sync the entries in the latest form i made.

Also my mac doesn’t seem to fetch changes made on the ipad.

My iphone doesn’t want to sync at all, it only sees the other units occasionally and then they disappear. Suddenly it says I haven’t enabled iCloud Drive (which i have).

Strange…

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.