TextExpander in v5

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Anthony Compton
    Participant

I would swear I had TextExpander working on my last iPad. I just got a new iPad Mini and I can’t figure out where to enable the TextExpander enhanced integration. Can some one point me in the right direction?

October 26, 2021 at 11:47 AM #45529

Brendan
    Keymaster

Tap Forms 5 doesn’t include TextExpander integration. They added a custom keyboard to TextExpander, so integration was not really needed anymore because you could just use their keyboard to get the same capability.

October 26, 2021 at 11:57 AM #45530

Anthony Compton
    Participant

Got it. Sorry to hear that thought because I hate the TextExpander keyboard. I’ll see if I can get used to it at least when I need that function.

April 10, 2022 at 9:28 AM #47071

Tom Kerswill
    Participant

Tap Forms is listed as an enhanced textexpander app on the textexpander site. Integration would be really nice. As an example, if you use a physical keyboard with an ipad, the textexpander keyboard cannot work. So integration is a way better option. Is there any chance of having it added back into tapforms?

Thanks

Tom

April 10, 2022 at 9:28 AM #47072

Tom Kerswill
    Participant

Tap Forms is listed as an enhanced textexpander app on the textexpander site. Integration would be really nice. As an example, if you use a physical keyboard with an ipad, the textexpander keyboard cannot work. So integration is a way better option. Is there any chance of having it added back into tapforms?

Thanks

Tom

April 11, 2022 at 11:33 PM #47088

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the feature request for TextExpander. I’ll consider it for a future version. But no guarantees. I can’t actually remember now why I took it out. There must have been some reason other than them doing the keyboard integration. It might have been a privacy issue or it might have been a technical issue at the time. It’s probably been about 5 years since I had it in Tap Forms.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 18, 2022 at 1:10 PM #47125

Anthony Compton
    Participant

I am chiming in to second this request. I use my iPad with an external keyboard frequently and if I’m doing much data entry I have to go grab my MBP. I miss the TextExpander Integration.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.