Text Fields Right Aligning Unexpectedly

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Barry Shevlin
    Participant

iMac running macOS Mojave and TF5 v5.3.7. On entering a record some of the text fields, in default layout, have right aligned. To get them to re-align to the left requires me to hit the edit button and then cancel. I’d welcome any ideas as to why this is happening.

April 18, 2019 at 10:50 PM #34444

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Barry,

You could disable the Edit button so it’s not necessary to click on it.

Go to the Preferences window in Tap Forms and turn off the Show Edit/Save Button option.

Then navigate to a different record and back. That should fix it. And make it more convenient for editing your records.

But I’ll investigate why the alignment is sometimes going to the right for some fields.

Thanks!

Brendan

April 19, 2019 at 12:52 AM #34448

Barry Shevlin
    Participant

Thank you, Brendan. The downside to that, of course, is that with the show edit/save button off, all empty fields are displayed.
    The text alignment issue seems spurious: only some of the text fields, on some of the records, some of the time. And once re-aligned (left), they don’t necessarily stay realigned!
    I’m more than happy to not have the edit button but not so happy to have empty fields displayed.Is there a way of having my cake and eating it? A script perhaps that hides empty fields?

April 19, 2019 at 7:12 PM #34452

Brendan
    Keymaster

Unfortunately no. The Edit/Save button acts as a toggle switch to know when to show the hidden fields and when to hide them.

However, one thing you could do is group the fields you don’t always want to show into a Section Heading. Then you can collapse an entire section of fields so they don’t show until you click on the button to expand the fields below the Section Heading field.

April 19, 2019 at 11:19 PM #34455

Barry Shevlin
    Participant

Neat. Thank you.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.