Text box

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

harry batten
    Participant

Hi, is it possible to add a text box or some sort of field which has pre defined un editable text in it? It’s for an invoice so I’d like to have my bank details in it without having to type it out everytime. On iOS.

June 29, 2018 at 12:19 AM #29627

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Harry,

You could add a Calculation field which does that for you. Calculation fields aren’t editable like other fields.

So you could have it return Text using a similar formula like this:

"Bank Name\rStreet Address\rCity, Province, Postal Code\rCountry"

The \r values tell the Calculation field to put a line break in the result of the formula.

June 29, 2018 at 1:55 PM #29631

harry batten
    Participant

Perfect, thanks

June 29, 2018 at 2:34 PM #29632

harry batten
    Participant

I realise this quite a basic question. Typing your suggestion didn’t work I had to do a + b fore hand for it to appear in the calculation field. Not sure if that’s right but it seemed to work. However if I just have numbers eg “123456789” it doesn’t show up, why is that?

June 29, 2018 at 2:52 PM #29633

Brendan
    Keymaster

It should work.

Did you set the Result Type to Number?

I just tested it with only a number in the formula and it worked.

June 29, 2018 at 11:55 PM #29659

harry batten
    Participant

weird. I can’t get it to work without a + first. And it needed a letter in amongst the numbers to display and then set to text. I chose a space at the end so it wouldn’t notice so + “123456789 “I tried in both the form I’m working in and then a completely separate and new document and that was the only way it t would display numbers. On iOS.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.