Template & Layout Protection

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

fmpanz
    Participant

Is there a way to protect a template and new layout from EVER being deleted? It’s seems the “are you sure” method can be confusing for some. I have just started using the app, creating forms for my wife’s home business. I want to be sure she doesn’t accidentally wipe out all my hard work! :)

May 16, 2016 at 3:13 PM #16765

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’m sorry but there’s no function to prevent someone from deleting a custom layout, nor an entire form. All you have to go by are the warning messages.

Can you explain further how the “Are you sure?” message is confusing? Perhaps I can make that a bit more clear in the app.

However, what you could do is export the form template using the Export Form Template Function in the File menu. Then if your wife ever deletes the custom layout you made, you could reimport it using the Import Form Template command to get it back.

May 16, 2016 at 5:23 PM #16767

fmpanz
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for your response.. When I say, “Are you sure”, I’m referring to the attached screenshot. An accidental tap of the delete key while having the wrong record selected, brings up a dialog box with no specifics. It would be nice the file name in the dialog box. See attached pic.

Thanks again for your help,
    Frank

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    May 16, 2016 at 10:07 PM #16770

Brendan
    Keymaster

There can be lots of different types of fields in a form, so having it display a file name wouldn’t make much sense. But maybe it could display the first value of the first field in the form or something if there was a value in it.

May 17, 2016 at 3:59 AM #16771

fmpanz
    Participant

Yes!.. That’s what I mean.. For instance, I have created a template for new clients, where the first field is the new client’s Last name. If the “are you sure” mentions that field, that would be a nice feature.

Thanks again for your support. Might I add that I am really enjoying using Tap Forms. I look forward to new projects that I can create. Good stuff!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.