TapForms opens wrong document by default

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Chris Ward
    Participant

I have three databases. A main one I use everyday. A backup one in case things sink into quicksand. A third one I use only occasionally. Tap forms has decided to open the third one whenever it starts up, meaning I have to close it and open the main one. This is annoying and it is not clear why it does it, though it does appear first in the list in the database window, a list whose order does seem to be changeable. How do I force it to open only the database I want?

March 21, 2017 at 10:10 AM #21630

Brendan
    Keymaster

Make sure the backup one is not listed in the main Database Documents view. Try moving it out to another part of your hard drive. Tap Forms uses the internal Document ID to determine which documents to re-open. If you have multiple documents with the same internal Document ID, that can confuse it.

March 21, 2017 at 10:20 AM #21632

Chris Ward
    Participant

The backup one was no longer listed in the Database Window, but it still opened the wrong document. So I moved the other one as well. Now it opens the right document. Thanks. I can live with finding the lesser used one when I need to.

March 21, 2017 at 1:34 PM #21636

Brendan
    Keymaster

If the backup file was sitting inside the Backups folder, it may probably still have been opened too, even if it wasn’t being displayed on the main list. I specifically hide the files in the Backups folder on that window.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.