Tapforms not syncing on iPad Pro

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Carolyn
    Participant

I have a new iPad Pro that I updated from an iPad mini from – did a restore via iTunes to put all my “stuff” on the new one, including TapForms.

All seemed to be well but now Tapforms won’t sync. I’ve synced wiped my mini so my husband can use it. Not sure if that’s what is messing it up.

I’ve tried reseting all devices at least 5 times now – including doing a hard reset on my iPad. I have the following devices:

iMac OS 10.10.5
    Macbook Pro OS 10.10.5
    iPhone 6 OS 9.3.1
    iPad Pro 9.7 OS 9.3.1

I’m now getting “Synchronization has failed” on each computer after trying to sync the iPad. The others are syncing fine before that message appears. The message on each computer keeps repeating after hitting OK, so I have to force quit.

What do I do? Using iCloud to sync and it’s turned on for each device. No encryption.

Do I need to delete the app and reinstall from scratch?

(yes, I did a backup on my main computer!)

May 30, 2016 at 2:24 AM #17032

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Carolyn,

When you get that error message, it generally means that one or more of your devices either has no encryption key set, or a different encryption key set than all the other devices.

You’ll need to make sure you have the encryption key set to the same exact value on all devices, then follow the Reset Sync instructions as outlined in the manual:

https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/3/en/topic/icloud-sync

May 30, 2016 at 5:14 AM #17034

Carolyn
    Participant

That was it!!! The iPad Pro did not have the encryption key set (forgot I even had one). Once I set it, all is working now.

HUGE THANK YOU!!!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.