TapForms no longer opens my database

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Carol Moncrief
    Participant

I’m really having a tough time. Since I last used TapForms, after removing the need for an encryption key, I tried opening it a few minutes ago and it opens but does not display any forms. I shut down my Mac and restarted and the problem continues.
    I decided to try to restore the database and when I found the TapForms_db.sqlite file I wasn’t able to open it. I was told to select a app to open it and TapForms was grayed-out so that I couldn’t select it to open the database to restore. I don’t know what to do at this point.
    Also, the app store continues to show that there is an update on my iPhone. I’ve removed the app and re-installed and the update spins a little as if it’s going to run but doesn’t. It just goes back to displaying the UPDATE button. According to the App store it says the update is for Version 4.0.3. My iPhone has 4.0.1. The app opens just fine on the iPhone. But I don’t use the iPhone for making changes, only the Mac.

How should I resolve these 2 issues? Thanks.

October 13, 2015 at 12:52 AM #14987

Carol Moncrief
    Participant

One more question: I completely removed the app from my phone and re-installed it. The phone app sync’d over iCloud and restored the database but with 17 more records than the Mac. How does that happen?

October 13, 2015 at 1:06 AM #14988

Carol Moncrief
    Participant

Last effort for tonight: I tried to restore from an iCloud backup and it did nothing. When I tried to shut it down I couldn’t quit out of it. I had to do a Force quit. This has happened several times. When I use the Force Quit, there is no indication that TapForms is not communicating, like most apps when a Force Quit is required.

I found what I think is the last backup by searching using Spotlight. But the path appears to be on my Mac in the Library > Containers > com.tapforms.mac > Data > Documents >Backups where I found lots of back up files. But I can’t do anything with it.

October 14, 2015 at 2:43 AM #14995

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Carol,

It sounds like you’ve been bitten by the El Capitan bug with the main window not opening. Did you recently update to El Capitan? If so, please check the Security & Privacy settings in the System Preferences app on your Mac to make sure that on the Privacy tab, that Tap Forms is selected under Contacts. I wrote about that on my blog and in the top of the forum here, so have a look there if you need further information on that.

I don’t know why 4.0.3 isn’t downloading for you on the iPad though. You might want to contact Apple about that since the actual distribution of the app on the App Stores is out of my control. I simply upload new versions and Apple distributes them.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 14, 2015 at 8:44 AM #14998

Carol Moncrief
    Participant

Yep! I sure did! The next morning after I posted I figured out the only thing that changed was the upgrade. I just made the change in Security & Privacy and IT WORKS! Of course! I will have to check out your blog!

I guess I’ll have to call Apple about the upgrade to my phone not working…yet another call to Apple:-( Thank you so much!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.